Sunday, April 4, 2021

my favourite things/ eggs and a little girl


eggs
and a little girl

they go together 
you know
like peas in a pod
ladybugs on a log
waffles
whipping cream
and maple syrup

I have two little Bobbi's
from my egg girl

they fill Bobbi's cage with song again
two parrotlets

Blue and Gas

my little egg girl
said my heart was too sad
after losing 
Bobbi

so we played with Bobbi eggs
and incubated them
candled them
hid them 

and found them again
and listened to the new bird songs

It was a real Easter
the eggs and birds were the treasures of new life

like
Jesus

a little girl
with a heart
filled with love

It is what Jesus gave

eggs and a little girl
Jesus
new life

my favourite things










 



2 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a gorgeous child! I always love your poems. Happy Easter my friend.

    ReplyDelete