Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Today was an everything "apple day"














my favourite things

*Today was an everything "apple" day. the grands came over and peeled apples with my attachment on the table that turns and peels and slices with the kids' muscle power. They worked hard but did so well. We juiced apples and we made pies and apple crumbles. What was left we put in jars and canned (14 quarts).

They took home pie and juice, applesauce, cobbler and fresh gingerbread cookies. It was a good day.
Tonight, again at my late night animal check I did my little dance down the driveway, now that I have a new (year old) knee that lets me be young again. I pulled off my head lamp and popped off my hoody so I could see the night sky and had to laugh at the thought that there was our Master "Nightsky" Painter doing it again. God must have smiled at all the fun we had today because there He was dotting the sky with rows of cookies just like ours, It looked like gingerbreads and shortbreads on cookie sheets in the South sky, perfect rows of them, perfect cookie shaped dotted clouds, bright and beautiful. To the North, the Big Dipper pouring its blessing over Shoshi's home as they all lay sleeping in the calm, after the storm, nighttime. The world may be in turmoil, but for this night we have peace and health and so much love on this farm. For that I am grateful; my heart prays for the many elsewhere that struggle tonight, that God might wrap them in His peace and grace and bring them safely through.
Blessings my beloved friends and family around the world. I will not forget you. I hold you. And more... God holds you. My favourite things *22 December 2020

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and yours and may 2022 be a good year for all. ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes thankyou so much and the same to you dear Flower Lady. May all be well with you

      Delete